Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Kaitlyn's Birthday!

Today is Kaitlyn's 1st birthday! I can't believe it is here already. This past year has seemed to fly by. She is getting so big and learning so much. She is walking all over. She even chased after her brother today. She can show you where her nose and ears are. This week she has started folding her arms when we bless the food and tries to say Amen. I had decorated the house for her party today while she was taking her nap and when I brought her downstairs she got so excited to see the decorations. I was a happy mom! I liked to see that even only being one she liked it. Her birthday theme this year was polka dots. So we put dots up all over and made a dot birthday cake. My kids enjoyed making the dots and posting them all over the house. I am hoping they will be just as excited to take them down. She celebrated her birthday with family. She was a little shy at first with everyone coming over but she came around as the night went along. She doesn't get to see her aunt Tracy, uncle Tyson and her cousins that much so she was glad they came. Kaitlyn had her own little birthday cake. She didn't know what to think about it at first but once she tasted it she decided it wasn't to bad. She liked to hear everyone sing Happy Birthday to her. She kept looking at me with a smile. Kaitlyn is an amazing little girl. She is always happy. She has a big smile that just makes you feel good. I have been blessed with such a special girl. I look forward to watching her continue to grow and learn new things.

1 comment:

The Wilson Crew said...

Happy birthday cute girl! Wow time really flies doesn't it. You are such a great mom.