Sunday, March 29, 2009

We went to Disneyland!!!


We went our our first real vacation this past week. Pretty sad I know but we sure had a lot of fun. We went to Disenyland!!!!! We went on a six day trip to Disneyland. The kids had a ton of fun. My favorite part of the trip was watching the kids get so excited over things. It kept a smile on my face. After going on Splash Mountain all we could talk about was how crazy steep that drop was. You know it looked steep when you weren't on it but when you were looking over it as your getting ready to drop it got a whole lot steeper. The kids said that there favorite part was all the roller coaster and pirates. Cade was a little nervous to do the roller coasters but he tried them all but the Screamin' (which I didn't want him to go on anyway) and he enjoyed them all. He wanted to ride them all again but we were only able to get the Matterhorn riden twice. Colby and I decided to try the Screamin' roller coaster in California Adventure. I just about backed out on him when we were getting on. What was I thinking I can't handle this ride. Right when it started to count down and send us off at a hundred miles an hour I thought to myself I sure hope I don't have a heart attack and I left my stomach on the top of the first drop. But after the first drop I was all smiles. It was one of the best rides that I rode while I was there. I never thought I would say that. I don't do heights and usually I try to stay away from rides like that.

Kaitlyn did really well. We stayed at the park all day each day and she was fine the whole time. I was afraid that she would be ready to go early but not the case. She got a little fussy here and there but nothing that I can complain about.


Chris was loving it all. He enjoyed the roller coasters the most. I think he would have tried the screamin' if he wouldn't have been feeling bad at the time we went. Kaylie did great on all the rides. There was no fear in her. She was willing to try anything. Cade really enjoyed the Star Wars Jedi Training show. Chris and him were choosen to go up and be part of the training.

Overall the trip was great!! The weather was perfect the whole time. We took a day to just relax so we spent it at Newport Beach and swimming at the hotel pool. We had full buffet breakfast every morning at the hotel which was a really nice way to start each day.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad that you guys had a good time, you all really deserve it. I agree with you, when the kids get all excited and smile it makes all of the stress of getting ready and driving there all worth it.

Charma said...

I told Jed that I ran into you in Frontier land... he laughed and said we live 30 minutes from each other and never run into you.... but drive over a hundred miles and then see you in Disneyland... so funny. I was looking at your pictures and we also went to Newport beach, but we were on the other side of the pier....crazy if it happened to be the same day also :)

Jill said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I love vacations, so relaxing, and look at the sun! So sad to come back to this snow.

The Wilson Crew said...

Sounds like you had a really great time. Wish I was there with you. What a great vacation to spend time with your family. THere is nothing like Disneyland with the ones you love.

The Pope 1/2 Dozen said...

What a great trip! I am so jealous! We went last October and it was the best vacation I had ever taken. The kids keep asking when can we go again? I finally said in two years. We will see. Love the hat Cade came home with. He brought it to our house.

Terri