Friday, July 3, 2009

Lehi Round Up




So I am a little behind on posting...again. I have a lot to get caught up on. I thought I would start by sharing a little of what we did for the Round up this year. It seems like we weren't able to do as much of the activities as we did last year. Our schedules this year seem to be a lot more hectic. My parents arrived on Friday at around 12:30. The kids and I picked them up from the air port and went and picked up pizza for lunch. We came back to the house and my sister and her family came over and we all had lunch. That evening we went to the parade. The kids had a blast (and got a lot of candy to). My niece Julie is a 6th grade cheerleader so she was in the parade on Friday night. Kaylie loves cheerleaders so that was her favorite part of the parade. She even took her pom poms with her. Cade went to the rodeo that night with his uncle Colby. They said they got a little wet but they had a good time. Cade usually doesn't like the rodeo but he said this year that he loved it and wants to go again next year!

Saturday morning we went to the parade again and again the kids scored a lot of candy. Every year we watch all of the parades from Grandma Ekins house. She has a great spot on the route and it is fun to sit with family. Chris saw a lot of people he knew in the parade that day. Colby was in the parade. He was a bowling ball. You look great Colby :) The weather was great. It was overcast for most of it so we didn't get to hot. Kaitlyn really enjoyed the parade this year. She may not have watched all of it but she thought is was great to be outside and check out things her and there.


We went to the Family Fun day in the park with my parents, sister and her kids and my sister and brother in law and their son. Again the kids had a blast!! They rode the bull, climbed the rock wall, got dunked in the dunking booth by mom and dad, did the blow up slides and rode the ponies. We saw a lot of people their that we haven't seen in a while. That night Chad and I were suppose to go to our 15 yr reunion but while we were at the park Chad started to get sick which only got worse so we were unable to make it this year :( Maybe next time!





All in all we had a good time. This week is one of my favorite times in the summer!!

No comments: